A Queen's Touch


"I think you'll like this one," the Darkling wolf rumbled as the next new mortal slave was brought forward. I looked up from my tablet to give the man a once over. Like the rest of the prisoners, his hands were bound in shadowy strands of dark magic, and there was a vacant look to his eyes from the thrall he was under. He had a decent build and seemed physically fit, albeit in need of some grooming. I looked back down at my tablet and clicked into the slave's information as it popped up onto my screen. 

My lips twitched up as I read it over. "Oh yes, this one will make a great addition to my army," I exclaimed. "Turn him for sure." I continued reading over the file as he was ushered off to add to the turn pile. The more I read, the more intrigued I became. It wasn't often a slave came to us with such a fine repertoire. He held great promise as an exceptional warrior for our cause.

"Wait!" I called out. I handed my tablet off. "I think this one needs a queen's touch." Shock flitted across the vampires' faces. It had been some time since I turned anyone after all. I gestured for them to bring him forward. 

"Kneel," I commanded him, my fangs springing out. I watched him stiffly get down on his knees before me. Grabbing a fistful of his hair, I pulled his head to the side. I bent down with lightning speed, my fangs now a hair breadth from his flesh. I felt him shiver as I trailed them up his neck to breathe into his ear, "You best not disappoint me." 

Without a moment's notice, I yanked his head back and sank my fangs into his throat. The coppery taste of blood filled my mouth. I drank from him steadily, draining him as was necessary for the process. I gently lowered him to the ground as he went limp in my arms. I watched him for a moment or two as he bled out, before biting into my wrist. I bent down and held my bloody wrist to his lips. "Drink," I directed. 

A shiver went down my spine as he latched on, and I bit my lip, holding back a moan as he drank from me until the wound sealed. I smoothed back his hair with a soft smile. Standing up, I turned to the assembled group of vampires. "Tell me the very moment he wakes up."

Comments

Popular Posts