A Painful Warning

I watched as Thanatos vanished after dropping me off in my castle as requested. Part of me wanted him to stay, but I knew it was too big of a risk considering what I was about to do. I glanced around, before making my way through the familiar halls until I finally stumbled upon Obsidian. He looked shocked to see me. "You're alive!" he exclaimed in disbelief. His gaze flicked down, and his features turned ghostly pale when he saw what I held in my possession. My lips pulled up into a wicked grin as I held the jar up to the light. Inside it was the shadowy remnants of dark magic from the blood oath, the same magic that narrowly killed me if it weren't for Thanatos. "Is that--? That's not--that's not possible," Obsidian stammered. Fear flashed in his eyes as I took a step towards him.  "What? You scared of me now that the blood oath can't keep me from killing you?" I jabbed. "Well, fortunately for you, I'm not here for that. I want to speak to the demon lord. Contact him." My gaze flitted down as the dark amulet around Obsidian's neck started to pulsate.  "He's already here," he said as his eyes glowed red. His voice was deeper, different, because it wasn't his anymore. It was the demon lord's.  I take in a steadying breath, before giving him a low curtsey. "My lord, I beseech you to consider taking me back," I grovel. I hold the jar of dark magic out to him like an offering. "Consider this a token of my worth. I was able to charm a god, get him to do my bidding. Perhaps he could even be a worthy ally for our cause." A torrent of dark energy shot out of Obsidian's amulet to wrap around my throat like an angry fist. I wheezed, clawing desperately at the shadowy hand as I was lifted off my feet. The glass jar fell from my hands to shatter on the ground. The dark magic it contained surged upwards and crammed itself down my throat, filling me with its vileness again. "Your insolence knows no bounds, Inferna. You think I require a god on my side. I am a god!" his deep, demonic voice filled my head. My vision swam as his fist tightened, cutting my airway off. "You have grown weak, blinded by affection. If your god so much as stands in my way, I will take great pleasure in making you watch as I rip him limb from limb and strew his parts across the realms."  Pain radiated through me as I was dropped and crumbled to the ground. I took in several gasping breaths. A deep red mark had already formed around my throat. I cried out, tears stinging my eyes, as I was yanked back by my hair. The dark energy was gone, with Obsidian in its place. By the ominous red glow of his eyes he was still being controlled by the demon lord.  "If you want the power you so crave and if you wish to see another day, you will do as I command. I care not what relationship you have with this god. You will seduce the crown prince of Drackeld, and you will do everything in your power to bring him and his kingdom to its knees. Do I make myself clear?"  My hair was twisted and yanked harder, my scalp burning. I nodded my head as tears streamed down my cheeks. "Yes. Yes, my lord," I gasped. I fell back as my hair was released, and I curled up shaking on the floor.  "The demon lord is greatly displeased." I hear Obsidian's normal, monotone voice above me, followed by the sound of his footsteps leading away from me. Soon all I was left with was deafening silence.

Comments

Popular Posts