The Queen Returns


Vampires and Darkling alike scattered out of my way as I walked through the corridors, my chin held high and a black crown rested on my head. Their queen had returned, yet I could feel their eyes on me, staring at me like I was a stranger walking in their midst. I threw open the doors to the throne room, bringing a meeting to an abrupt halt. I felt my blood boil when I saw Obsidian, the upper demon and messenger of the Demon Lord, sitting in my throne. My eyes flashed red and black veins bled down from them as I strode up to the base of the dais. "That is mine," I growled, my voice cutting through the deafening silence. The corner of the demon's lips twitched. He pushed off the throne, rising to his feet. My gaze followed him like a predator watching its prey as he stepped down the dais and over to me. "The Demon Lord is pleased to have you back, Inferna. Or should I say, Your Highness?" he drolled, giving me a mock bow as he passed me. "Though he does wonder if the gods know th--" "Screw the gods!" I spat, cutting him off. "They wanted to keep me from what was RIGHTFULLY MINE!!A wicked grin spread across his features. "Now there's that fire again!" he exclaimed. He walked up to me, taking up my hands and kissing the backs of them. "Harness it. We need it for the mission. Keep your vow, and he will give you what he promised. Now tell me, you surely didn't come all this way and risk so much just to reclaim your throne? What news do you bring?"  He draped an arm over me as we strolled the now vacated room. "I have found a Reaper that can provide souls for the Demon Lord's army..."

Comments

Popular Posts