Let the Games Begin

"Lord and Lady Daughtry, consider our estate your humble abode while you get your carriage fixed." The Baron of Bludhaven was a portly fellow with a bulbous nose and gray balding hair, nothing like the rugged handsomeness of his son. I watched the young man, who was easily in his early twenties, from under dark lashes. 

A light squeeze on my arm brought me back to the conversation at hand. "Your kindness knows no bounds, m'lord. My wife and I are eternally grateful," Scark replied, inclining his head. 

"Indeed. Thank you so very much," I chimed in, my lips pulling up into a warm smile. 

"It's not often we get visitors, especially those of nobility. The pleasure is ours," the Baron intoned, gesturing for us to follow him. "Now where was it you said you two were from again?"

I held back, taking in the modest beauty of the estate while the two men conversed ahead of me. My skin prickled as I felt eyes on me. My blue eyes flicked to the side to meet the son's gaze. "Sir Edwin, is it, correct?"

"Yes, m'lady." He gave me a slight bow. 

"This is a beautiful estate your family has." I gestured to the manor and well-kept grounds.

"I suppose it is," he agreed, but his gaze never left me. I looked down, feigning shyness. "I'd be happy to show you around some time--and your husband, of course."

I bit my lip to hide my smirk. I schooled my features, before looking back up at him. "That would be nice," I agreed, giving him a smile. 

. . .
"I'm going into town with the Baron. I'll try to be back as quickly as I can," Scark said.

"Don't worry about me, darling. Take your time," I replied. I leaned in to peck him on the lips, but he turned away, leaving the room without a second glance. I let out a defeated sigh. I glanced over at Sir Edwin, who I was left alone in the room with, before averting my gaze. I shuffled aimlessly around the room, chewing on my bottom lip as if in thought.

"M'lady?" I jerked as I heard the young man's voice behind me. "Perhaps it isn't my place to ask this--but are there problems at home?"

I stared down at the floor for a few moments before giving an almost imperceptible nod of my head. 

"Surely, a beautiful and intelligent woman such as yourself deserves better than that." My gaze slowly came up, a glint coming to my eyes. I spun around to face him.

"Indeed I do," I exclaimed. 

"Yes. Yes, you do." He nodded his head in agreement as he got lost in my eyes. He took a step towards me, drawn in by those fathomless blue orbs. His gaze dipped down to my lips, which parted on an exhale.

There was a static connection between us, and time seemed to slow down as he leaned in. A jolt of electricity shot through me as his lips brushed mine. A hand caressed my cheek as his mouth moved against mine. I stepped forward, breaching the remaining gap between us. I opened my mouth, deepening the kiss as I rested a hand over his rapidly beating heart. Lost in the moment, he cupped the back of my neck as our tongues tangled and twined in a passionate dance.

Pleasure strummed through me, and after what felt like both an eternity and a split second wrapped into one, he pulled away breathless. He searched my gaze. "Perhaps--perhaps we should take this somewhere more private?"

A smile graced my flushed features. "Let's."
. . .
His lips crashed into mine before the door was hardly shut. I matched his eagerness kiss for lust filled kiss as I helped him out of his coat. Tossing the garment aside, he ran his lips down the length of my slender neck. I arched my neck, letting out a low groan. He fumbled with the ties on my corset as his mouth found mine again. I ran my hands under his tunic, feeling the smooth skin underneath. Our lips parted long enough for him to pull it over his head, before meeting again passionately. 

I took his face in my hands, and with lightning speed, I snapped his neck. His body collapsed onto the ground before me. My breaths were ragged. I wiped my lips off on my sleeve, before bending down and dragging his body behind the bed. I grabbed his clothes off the floor and shoved them into a drawer. I readjusted my own clothes and checked my makeup and hair in the mirror, before leaving the room as if nothing had happened…

Comments

Popular Posts