Haunting Memories, Pt. 1

Collab with Azrael

Inferna's POV


I stare out the window, fiddling with my daylight ring as I watch the first rays of sunlight peek above the horizon. Sleep had mostly eluded me, and my thoughts are still consumed by last night’s nightmare. Movement out of the corner of my eye catches my attention. I see Azrael stirring in bed. A small tight smile comes to my features when our gazes meet. 
He throws the sheets off of himself and comes over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I sigh, leaning into his warm embrace. “Did you sleep well?” I ask, my voice hoarse.
“Yes I did, my love, but it seems like you didn’t sleep at all. What troubles you?”
Trying to shake myself out of my stupor, I turn around to face him. “Just bad dreams. Nothing for you to worry about,” I reply, giving him a halfhearted smile. To my surprise, he doesn’t press the matter further. Instead a playful look lights up his obsidian eyes, and his sexy lips curl up into a devilish smile. My brows furrow a second before he vanishes into thin air.
“It seems like I haven’t lost my power!” I jerk around, following the sound of his booming voice and hearty laughter. My lips pull up into a genuine smile when I see that he had teleported to the opposite end of the room.
“Well of course not,” I remark, striding over to him. “You wouldn’t be of much use to the Demon Lord without them.” He kisses my cheek as I stop before him, only causing my smile to grow more.
“What are our plans for the day? And are we going to cause some mayhem?” There’s laughter to his voice, and he’s practically beaming as he grins down at me.
I absentmindedly fiddle with the collar of his shirt as I gaze up at him. “There’s some new terrain to be scoped out. But, I was thinking we could take advantage of being in town and go get a drink, just the two of us.”
“Yes, I like the sound of that.”
“Good.” I pull him down to me, my lips capturing his, before I walk away with a teasing wink. I move over to my wardrobe. “I suppose I’ll have to dress in something plainer in order to blend in better. Can’t go out looking like royalty just yet.”
“Will this do?” I look back over at him in time to see a shimmering energy cover him, his outfit changing all on its own. With a chuckle, he adds, “I truly enjoy not having to ever purchase outfits.”
I arch a brow as I give the outfit, a long sleeve camo shirt paired with a brown vest and jeans, a once over. I roll my eyes. “Show off. You’re going to need something less modern, think more medieval peasant.” I go back to rummaging through my wardrobe. 
“Not trying to show off, love, just testing my powers.”
“I only tease. Hmmm, this will have to do.” I decide upon a dull gray dress with a splash of burgundy at the bottom and fur trimmed sleeves. It’s rather understated, but that’s sort of what we’re going for. I set the outfit on the bed, before taking in his latest outfit. I nod my head in approval. The pale red tunic and tan trousers are much more fitting. I undress, letting him enjoy the view, while contrary to him, I change into fresh clothing the old fashioned way. I run my hands over the coarse fabric. I already miss the feel of my usual garments, but I would just have to make do with this.
“Even in those clothes you are the most beautiful woman in all the realms, My Queen,” he croons, as he approaches me. His words of admiration bring a warm smile to my features, but I pause as he holds out an old Egyptian ring. A calming glow emits from the ring, lighting up the entire room as I take it from him. “This I believe will help you sleep a little better. It’s a serenity ring from my travels long ago.”
I’m left speechless by the thoughtful gesture, as I examine it. Slipping it on my finger, my gaze flits back up to him. “I--thank you. Truly.” 
I wrap my arms around his waist. “Whatever did I do to deserve you,” I whisper into his chest as he softly strokes my hair.
“You allowed me into your space, love. Even if the reason at first was strictly business, you allowed me to show you there is more to us than meets the eye. You have a fire and a darkness that I just can’t resist.”
I pull away to look up at him. “What can I say, I couldn’t resist you either. I was drawn to you like a moth to flame.” I reach up to caress his face as I stare deep into his fathomless eyes. When did I become so entranced by this man?
He extends his arm for me. “Shall we be going, m’lady?” 
“But, of course, m’lord.” I give him a small curtsey before taking his arm and leading him off to our next adventure.


. . .

Follow Azrael at @Free6at6last6




Comments

Popular Posts